An Australian comedian has shared the 5 things he thinks men should never say to their girlfriends in a hilarious video on Instagram.
Melbourne-based Ibrahim Akbar has shared his advice for ‘teaching’ men what not to say to keep them out of trouble – from ‘you’re exaggerating to ‘you’re wrong’.
“Consider me your teacher – I’m here to guide you, to enlighten you, to tell you some things you should never tell your girlfriend,” he said in the clamp.
In the comments, other social media users praised Ibrahim for his comedic take on dating advice.
Scroll down for video
Melbourne comedian Ibrahim Akbar (pictured) has shared his advice for ‘teaching’ men what not to say to keep them out of trouble – from ‘you overreact to ‘you’re wrong’
First, Ibrahim said that you should never tell a woman that she is “overreacting” as this will only make the situation worse.
‘Is she overreacting? Probably. Does she need to know? Absolutely not. What is the need? Just go with it,” he said.
Regardless of whether your friend is complaining about her day or disappointed at the slightest inconvenience, it’s best to keep this to yourself.
‘You got it wrong’
Then Ibrahim wondered why a man would say to his girl ‘you are wrong’.
‘Are you damn stupid? It’s like going to sub-Saharan Africa, find a hungry lion, slap him in the face with a piece of tender meat, and then sit there shocked when he attacks you,” he joked.
“Do you know what’s on your tombstone? Cause of death: Telling his girl she was wrong.’
‘Maybe you should change your outfit’
Women sometimes spend hours planning their outfits for special occasions, which is why it’s important that men never suggest changing at the last minute.
Whatever she wears, Ibrahim told you to tell your girl she looks good.
“Your girl took three working days to choose that outfit — she had PowerPoint presentations with the girls explaining why that was the best outfit — and you ruined the next 15 years of her life with one comment,” said he jokingly.
First, Ibrahim said that you should never tell a woman that she is “overreacting” as this will only make the situation worse. Then Ibrahim wondered why a man would tell his girl ‘you are wrong’
When it comes to food, Ibrahim said men have ‘no excuse’ but to eat every time their girlfriend is hungry – and never say ‘I don’t feel like eating’
Why these sayings are stopping you from finding your perfect match
- Louanne Ward, a dating expert from Australia, told that both men and women should avoid saying ‘I have no expectations’
- She added that the five words inadvertently scare people away in the early stages of dating
- The matchmaker said there are always expectations when dating like their date arriving on time looks like their photos and is who they said they are
- The ‘orange flag statement’ could mean your date isn’t emotionally ready for a relationship and they’re ‘wasting your time’
- ‘I don’t need a man’ was the next statement that the matchmaker warned women to stop saying
- She said those five words make men lose interest because dating is a game to them and finding their soulmate is their ‘price’
- Although she noted that independent, confident and successful women do not need a man, they may need all the things a man can give, such as support, affection and love
‘I don’t feel like eating’
When it comes to food, Ibrahim said men have “no excuse” but to eat every time their girlfriend is hungry – and never say “I don’t feel like eating.”
“When you start dating or see a girl, you sign a contract that you didn’t know basically says you now share a stomach,” he said.
“She’s not asking you if you’re hungry, she’s saying you’re hungry, so let’s go eat — there are no excuses, go.”
‘Get any nail color’
When a girl gets her nails done, Ibrahim said it’s an opportunity to suggest the perfect color.
Not only will she appreciate the input, it will make her decision easier.
“If a girl is in the nail salon and she asks you what color to do her nails, she’s promoting you. She accepts you, don’t ruin the opportunity!’ said Ibrahim.
“You could say, ‘I don’t care, pick a nail polish color,’ but what she hears is, ‘I want to break up with you.'”
‘UNSEXY’ MISTAKES WOMEN MAKE
1. Put on make-up for an hour before Sunday breakfast
2. Say ‘I don’t need a man’
3. Too much eagerness to text too often
4. Being hypersensitive and crying as a strategy
5. Saying ‘You could be an ax killer or a rapist, for all I know’
‘UNSEXY’ MISTAKES MEN MAKE
1. Bad talk about an ex or other women
2. Talking about yourself all the time without asking questions
3. Make an appointment via SMS
4. Telling women it’s easier for them than for a man
5. Not putting as much effort into presenting
The video has been viewed more than 400,000 times and Ibrahim has been praised in the comments of other Instagram users.
“He knows,” one person wrote, another added, “It’s the nail polish for me.”
A third wrote: ‘I’ve seen this at least nine times and it’s the best ever.’
Others have tagged their friends and even their partners in the comments.